New found glory

Nope, this entry is not about that famous rock band. This is all about my new-found friends. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time enjoying their company, pondering on questions like "how do you see life?" or "how do you manage expectations?". I know it might sound like our conversations are quite serious but I assure you that this is just a fraction of our times spent together. Most of the time, we are either laughing or eating... or both!

March 5. I hosted a dinner for them. This was my planned menu:


Everything went as planned but I didn't anticipate I'd run out of time. The spinach soup had to go. Haha!

This is the only thing in my menu that I'm confident enough to post in here. It's ref cake made with graham crackers and the usual batter, topped with blueberries, blackberries, strawberry, whipped cream and white chocolate.

 Hashen, Rian, Alquin

 Doc Mam Elma (Nursing), Mam Jazz (Paramedics) and fiancĂ© Mark

Our master DJ

The host and game master held a game of Twister and cards.


We capped off our night with How to Train Your Dragon 2.


March 6. After Dora's check up in Mussafah, the brothers "kidnapped" us for an impromptu off-roading in Al Khatim. By the way, Dora is Hashen's Ford Explorer. Go figure! Haha.

Alquin, Melody, moi, Hashen

Ang mga titig ni Dora:


This was taken while we were resting on top of a small hill and waiting for the other off-roaders. This shot reminded me of the last few sentences of my all-time favorite book The Little Prince.


This is, to me, the loveliest and saddest landscape in the world... It is here that the little prince appeared on Earth, and disappeared. Look at it carefully so that you will be sure to recognize it in case you travel some day to the African desert. And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-exupery

Ended the night at Marina Mall with a not-so-good movie. We were supposed to see Chappie but all the tickets were sold out by the time we reached the cinema. So we settled for Outcast.


March 7. Dora's wheel alignment. After doing my usual city walk, I joined the brothers watch their precious Dora get fixed. :)


March 8. Chappie!!! Another movie, this time with Mam Elma. :)


We didn't expect Hugh Jackman's role to be like that. I think Mam Elma was a little heartbroken after the movie. Hehe. Dev Patel is, as usual, superb!

March 9. Mama's birthday. Craved for Korean so we decided to celebrate my mother's 61st birthday at Hancook. Then we had post-dinner coffee/tea/sweets at my favorite coffee place, Second Cup.


My usual weeknights and weekends spent inside my house, reading books and watching TV, were turned upside down and were converted into something much more awesome. Thank you guys! Til next! Medyo marami-rami pa ang laman ng listahan ng ating future gora. :D

No comments: