All it takes is a cup of hot choco...

...and three big slices of cake! It's as if one slice of cake wasn't enough to uplift our psyche from the rock-bottom state that we were in that day.

Cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate cake

Don't worry, it wasn't just for me. Dimple was with me. We blew off some steam at this famous coffee chain here in UAE called Costa. We both had a loooong toxic day (days for Dimple) and we just needed to sit down and chat away. This happened right after our Arabic class last Wednesday.

I didn't have any lecture that day but I didn't get to prop in my office chair and do nothing at all either. I had a very, very busy day. I can say this has been the busiest I've ever been since I moved here. Just look at my to-do list (intentionally blurred). Todo todo talaga ang mga gawain! What's unbelievable was that every time I finished one task, another 2 or 3 added up to my list. It's like I was trying to behead a Hydra! Promise! And these are all priority tasks. My usual to-do list occupies less than half a page of my notebook but look, what originally started as 6 tasks became 2 overflowing pages of tasks! At the end of my office hours, I got to finish 90% of it. Not bad for 8 hours.

After our hot-choco-and-cake talk, I realized I shouldn't be feeling down about what happened because I did ask for this, weeks or even months ago, when I was actually missing my toxic days in UST. It was a good reminder that I got the best training ground from my past and that what I have now is a lot to be thankful for. As for Dimple's dilemma, trilemma or quadrilemma, I'd say it's beyond my comprehension how this woman even handles all of it. Haaay, when we talk about problems (yes, because life is not always rainbows and butterflies!), my concerns get a little sheepish compared to what this person actually endures. And I couldn't believe that the only thing I was able to say after she poured out her concerns was "buti na lang ang ganda ganda mo, hindi halatang pinoproblema mo yang mga bagay na yan!". Hahaha. Silly me.


Hopefully, we won't be needing another hot-choco-and-three-slices-of-cake date soon. Or if ever we do need one, I hope it's for something happy.

Omituofo!

4 comments:

Dimple said...

We are so blessed so bawal na ma-stress :) The past couple of weeks were really crazy but things have settled na and I am now beaming with happy vibes! And through all those days, big thank you for being there! :)

linda said...

sarap nman ng hot choco at cakes nio....ganyan nga after a toxic day try to relax....keep it up beautiful ladies....

Rian G. said...

Korek. Natapos na ang unos mo sa wakas! Done na with the apartment, done na with the 'should I go' or 'should I not go' dilemma mo sa RAK marathon, and meron na ulit pinagkakaabalahan in terms of investment sa sarili (Arabic). So aja lang ng aja! Hihi.

Rian G. said...

Yes Ma. Chill chill din kami pag may time. :)