The Book and Breakfast Club

Dimple and I are very lucky to have a 2-day weekend. We get to do plenty of things. Lately, we've been spending it, separately, to catch up on our missed TV series. For a change, we decided to spend last Saturday morning at Formal Park, Corniche. We brought breakfast and books. Originally, we planned to do a short jog (hence the attire) before we eat breakfast and lie down on the grass to read. But the jogging part got omitted plus we didn't get to sit on the grass because the sprinklers were still on when we arrived past 8 am. But we did find a nice spot at the "zen-ful" center area of the park. We sat on a bench near the flowing water.


I brought a somewhat academic book to read which I kind of regretted because I should have brought fantasy novels or anything that will take my mind off things. But sleeping has been one of the worst problems in my life ever since I could remember, so the book still kept me interested. Back in college, I used to get 3-4 hours of sleep/per night. That continued 'til 2013. After a few consultations with a sleep doctor and a pulmonologist back when I was still in the Philippines, I know that I still have a lot to learn to take good care of my sleeping habits. Good news though: when I moved here last September, I started getting a decent sleep every night. On weekdays, I go to bed at 10 or 11pm and wake up at 6 in the morning. Just like that, my sleeping disorder went AWOL!  Seven to 8 hours of sleep = fantastic!!!


Anyway, going back to my story. Here's what we brought for breakfast: 5 boiled eggs, spinach soup, coffee, tea, jams, kubos, carrot cake and Nagaraya. Yeah, I know, it seems like it's for 4 people but don't worry, we didn't finish them all.


Breakfast, a short chat, then we started reading. Dimple read Mockingjay, the third book of Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games series. I read it last December right after I watched Catching Fire. I laughed every time Dimple had a violent reaction from unexpected parts of the story.

We went home before 2pm. We hope to do it again this coming Saturday. Inshallah.

No comments: