To Kill a Mockingbird

I can't believe it took me this long to decide to read this book. It has been on my to-read list since college. I first heard of the book from my English professor who adores author Harper Lee very much. The moment I received my Kindle, this was one of the hundreds of ebooks that I saved there. But I completely forgot that it was there.  To be honest, out of all the hundreds of purchased ebooks I have, I really don't know where to start.

from here
I love how this book reminded me of my younger days, the simpler days. It reminded me of my most favorite time of the year, summer break! It reminded me of the "imbentong" games that I play with my siblings and playmates just to pass time and have fun. It reminded me that my generation had a lot of fun playing outside the house with real people just as much as kids of today are having fun playing with artificial intelligence (tablets and/or PCs) inside their rooms, away from sunlight.

Just to clarify, old vs. new era is not the theme of this book. What I mentioned above is just the most significant thing that the book left in me that's why I had to highlight it. Right now, I feel like I'd give anything to be a kid and enjoy those summer days all over again. #whennostalgiastrikes

No comments: