Green lights all over

After more than 2 months of not having been to Fo Guang Shan Temple, I was finally able to visit earlier tonight. When Eilu picked me up from UST, I was very much excited, gleefully waiting in front of the UST hospital while picturing the temple in my head. As we drove along Nagtahan going to Vito Cruz, we were amazed at how ALL of the traffic lights were green. I'm telling you, ALL of them were green at the time we were passing through the very long Quirino highway! My eyes weren't deceiving me. Even Kuya Ed (Eilu's driver) and Eilu were so amazed at the phenomenon! It took us less than 15 minutes to get to P. Ocampo Ermita from UST. It felt like Buddha was really waiting for me, that he's so excited to welcome me back to the temple.

Uncle Leo, one of the elders of the Dharma Brewer group, gave me his analogy of the green traffic lights. He told us that the positive energy within me, the willingness of the mind to come back, could have effected the something like that to happen. He also said that it might be hard for us to believe something like that could happen but we can never really understand the power of the mind.

My bestfriend's version of what Uncle Leo told us is:  have it in your heart and mind, put the effort, and the stars will align. Much like Paolo Coelho's "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

Omituofo!

No comments: