The 8th Pan Pacific Conference on Rehabilitation

(This is a very late post but I'll post it anyway. This is the least that I could do to thank my former thesis advisory groups.)


Presenting papers in different venues like international conferences or even local ones could be quite toxic. The preparation and all the butterflies in the stomach will really eat you up. If you're going to ask me why I do this, I only have one answer: experience is a good teacher. And I thank my undergrad thesis advisor, Sir Donald Lipardo, for teaching me the value of "trying it so you'd know what you'll learn". He was the one who submitted our undergrad thesis to the 10th International Congress of the Asian Confederation of Physical Therapy in 2008, the one held in Japan. That was my first public oral presentation and I must say that I really got inspired with that experience and that I wanted to share the same feeling with my students.

November 16-18, 2012


Few months ago, I decided to submit the thesis abstracts of Group 10 and Group 15 PT Interns AY 2011-2012. After waiting for a few weeks, I received the notification from the research committee of the 8th PPCR stating that our papers were accepted, one for oral presentation and the other for poster presentation. I sent the news to each group's liaison officer (Carlo Miguel for Group 10 and Hazael Chua for Group 15) through text. I couldn't thank them enough for helping me prepare for the presentation.

Thesis with Group 10


Thesis with Group 15


I was quite nervous during both presentations. But I'm glad that I have Emily me with me via SMS all throughout my poster presentation. Here's a photo taken by Sir Ivan during the poster presentation. Can you  see me? :)


Here's to research and lifelong learning: CHEERS!

Omituofo!

No comments: