Pescatarianism

photo from here
I have been on a pescatarian (or pescetarian) diet since last month. I have been on a STRICT pescetarian diet since the start of this month. Then, last Sunday, I broke my 17 day streak. :( I'm back to square one. I can do this! 21 days to make it a habit.

A few weeks ago, I was so hesitant to tell the world that I shifted to this no-meat-only-fish-and-fruit/veggie diet (& of course, all the other usual stuff). It has been customary to me to keep my mouth shut until something I'm doing is finally done or is successfully ongoing. I used to believe that announcing to everyone might jinx it. Hehe. But now, I see it as an opportunity to have everyone help me in this big shift in my life. I will now have my friends to constantly remind me to stay away from meat. (READ: user-friendly, kidding!)

My failure last Sunday was something I didn't foresee. I volunteered to be part of the TBR Dream Marathon's PT staff. Since it was my first time out of Manila on this diet, I totally forgot to consider the accessibility of fish menu or seafood where I was going. The race organizers provided our breakfast and lunch meals. Jollibee Chickenjoy and Champ! Haha. We were in the middle of Nuvali which we all know is still bare. No choice but to have meat that day, or else I'll die of hunger (and excessive client load). Hehe.

Please people, don't think that I'm trying to lose weight because "I'm on a diet." Gaaddd, I'm so sick of people thinking that when you're not eating meat, you're on a weight loss program. I know I obviously gained some pounds these past few months but I don't plan to flush them off my body just yet. I have been underweight for the last 25 years (96% of my life) and this is the first year that I kinda look and weigh normal. It took so much effort (and food) for me to achieve this normalcy. So leave my freaking fats alone! Hehe. I suggest you read on what pescatarianism is all about so you'll know its health considerations. Google it now! :)

No comments: