Fire prevention month

Howdie! How's your weekend guys? Mine had been a blast! Yesterday, I woke up very early because my Red Cross Youth Council kids (I'm a Red Cross adviser) had to conduct a community development project in Kaunlaran High School, Navotas. We said we'd meet in UST at exactly 6:45am so we can leave at 7am. But we left 25 minutes past 7 already. Anyhow, after some wrong turns and a few ask-the-manong-for-directions, we finally arrived at Kaunlaran HS.

We taught high school students a lot of fire prevention tips and what to do when there's a fire incident. I really enjoyed listening to our speakers Deputy Fire Marshal Melchor Isidro and Operation Crew Lope Claridad of the Bureau of Fire Protection as they did their lecture plus demo on how to kill a fire (done outside the building). The HS students were very eager to participate. Most of them were raising their hands, dying to be called to recite fire prevention tips. How I wish my college students would do the same: raise hands to answer questions during class. (Asa? Hehe!)

I'm sorry but this is going to be another textual entry. I don't have pictures of what we did yesterday. But I'll try to get a copy from my Red Cross kiddos. Kudos to you guys and gals for a very successful community development project! Sa uulitin!

By the way, if you guys are wondering why we conducted a "fire talk", it's because March is Fire Prevention Month in the Philippines. This year's theme is "Makiisa, Makialam at Makipagtulungan Upang Sunog ay Maiwasan".

No comments: