Apartment Therapy: newly-painted walls

Before 2011 ended, I was able to complete my "project rian: furniture overhaul" (more like furniture-replace). I must say that I got what I really wanted & I'm very happy with my purchase(ssss)--the TV which I really love, my dream fully-auto washing machine, the biggie couch which kinda became my bed since the day it entered my apartment (love love love it!), the kick-ass super comfy study chair, and some other small stuff here and there. I thank God for giving me the job that I love doing (teaching as is, period) which enables me to pay for my stuff. Super super salamat! If you're going to ask me why I started late in investing for new furniture, two words: master's degree. After I invested in my head and finished my MS, I finally got a shot of the more "normal" life. I finally began to taste the work-and-reward-yourself kind of life. It's not easy sending yourself to graduate school & I'm happy it's finally over. Anyway, let's go back to the topic this entry was originally intended for. Hehe.

Last month, I had my indoor walls painted. But the cabinets are still wearing their old color. The painter who did a freelance job for my landlady had to go back to his province the next day. That's the reason why I can't take a photo of my interior yet. The kitchen overhead cabinet still looks "maamos". Hopefully by summer, I get to finish this "project rian: repaint". If the painter won't be able to do it, then I'll do it. When I was younger, some of summer days in Mindoro were spent scraping old paints and replacing them with new ones. Yes, I painted the yero of our small backyard house & our old talyer, our front gate, our many old furniture which needed a new touch of varnish, and many more!

By the way, if any of you wants to repaint your indoors, I highly recommend Ace Paints by Ace Hardware. It has no odor & paint fumes whatsoever. I was surprised that I was able to sleep inside my apartment the same day it was repainted. Normally, one must sleep some place else until the fume dies down. But with Ace Paints, I didn't even have to do that. I even stayed inside while the painting was ongoing. Great! :)

4 comments:

lostkid said...

Nakaka-high talaga ung feeling while you are decorating your place and buying the stuff that you want. I am excited rin to finally move sa new place ko. Feeling ko first time na magiging adult na ako talaga :) Pabisita ako dyan ha pag-uwi ko! :)

Rian Gabor said...

Yep yep! Staycation tayo dito for a day or two. And dito ka na rin magstay whenever you need to do something here in Manila. :)

Aizzing said...

congrats for the new stuff in your apartment. i'm excited to see photos of your revamped place once the painting's done! you deserve to enjoy all the good things this life can offer. :)

Rian Gabor said...

Thanks Aiz! Nakakatuwa! Sana lang may Ikea din dito sa Pinas. Pero I heard from a source na ayaw nila magtayo dito sa Pinas because they choose not to open in corrupt countries. Hansarap siguro mag-shopping dun!