Mam Betchay Grageda's 40th (or 32nd?) birthday


November 19, 2011 @ Kamayan, P. Faura, Ermita, Manila
Bottom pic (L-R): Sir EJ Gorgon, Diego (son of Mam Betch) Sir Fer Mendoza, Mam Mar Aguila, the birthday lady, Mam Gay, moi, Sir Arthur King, Sir Royson Mercado (all of them are UP professors except me and Sir Arth, and Diego obviously!) 

I first met Mam Betchay Dec 13, 2008 during the Philippine Physical Therapy Association (PPTA) General Assembly at Emilio Aguinaldo College. That was the same day when I became part of her staff as organizing committee for the 2009 PPTA National Convention (I volunteered). She was the Chairwoman that year. Oh, that was the day when I joined Educators Special Interest Group too, where she's a pioneer member. There's a lot of stuff I wanna say about her so I'm gonna enumerate all of them na lang:
  • UP CAMP alumna (BSPT)
  • was Chief PT of UP-PGH for 8 years (8 freakin years?! galeng noh!)
  • took Master's on Health Professions Education (MHPEd) in UP National Teachers' Training Camp
  • awarded Most Outstanding Professional of the year by PRC (year 2007?)
  • a professor in UP NTTC
  • became my co-teacher in UST College of Rehab Sciences from 2010 to 1st sem of 2011 
  • current head of PPTA Educators SIG
  • one of the current Board of Directors of PPTA
And my most favorite part of her multifaceted persona: her being a foodie! Hehe. I love her food and resto recommendations. Sobrang saya nyang kumain lagi. Kakatuwa. Happy birthday Mam Betchay! I miss you na in UST. But I'll see you naman at least once a month for the PPTA meetings and stuff. Again, happy 40th or 32nd birthday!

No comments: