My list of "50-things-to-do-this-summer". Looking forward to...

How are you guys doing?

I've been dying to write about what I've been up to these past few weeks. I can't believe that my "bukas na lang ako magsusulat" has been running for quite some time now, say almost a month! Ha!

As you can see, this entry is filed under "Daily Thanks". I know I've been doing a bad job at keeping up with my "Daily Thanks" entries but hey, at least I try my best not to miss a single chance to say thanks to whoever helped me with my daily endeavors and hardships. Friends, family and co-workers, you know who you are, from the bottom of my heart, maraming salamat! No one can survive this ordeal (called LIFE!) alone.

Of course, I wanna send big big thanks and hugs to the one and only master of life, Jah. You're the best!

I'm not gonna enumerate all the tasks I've done lately. Past is past. Matotoxic lang ako lalo if iisipin ko pa ung mga yun. I'm more excited to  enumerate the things that I look forward to this summer vacay. Shall I start with the list na? Oh yeah!

  1. Catch up with all the Naruto and...
  2. ...Bleach manga chapters I missed. (I can't even remember where I stopped, deim!)
  3. Relive one of my fave anime series, RAVE, by reading the manga version.
  4. Rearrange and redecorate my apartment.
  5. Eat, sleep, and live inside the condo unit my sister bought. No one has been living in there since she bought it last year. She told me to stay there so I don't have to pay for rent but I'm still weighing the pros and cons. It is kinda far from where I work.
  6. Start new action series and sitcoms. I bought a lot of DVDs two weeks ago and I haven't started watching any of them. I copied files and folders of series from friends too. I've got Greek and...
  7. ...Burn Notice. I am planning to buy...
  8. ...Bones...
  9. ...Dexter...
  10. ...Parks and Recreation...
  11. ...Pushing Daisies...
  12. ...and some HBO Original Series (still deciding).
  13. Of course, while I try to flood my sofa with a new set of DVDs, I'm still gonna continue watching "the regulars" like HIMYM...
  14. ...TBBT...
  15. ...Modern Family...
  16. ...30 Rock...
  17. ...Lie to Me...
  18. ...Chuck (I'm about to remove this from my regulars)...
  19. ...and Glee (Yes, I watch Glee. Any problem with that? *Sue Sylvester tone and look!!!* )
  20. Install the latest upcoming version of Ubuntu called Natty Narwhal. I can't believe I have to say goodbye to Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10) in two weeks or less. 
  21. Fix my internet connection, maybe upgrade to DSL instead of using the sometimes unreliable broadband. 
  22. Arrange my PS3 games collection (this is quite easy coz I have very few games! hehehe)
  23. Ready my 4-year old blogspot account so I can finally open it to publiko.
  24. Learn how to make baba ganoush and
  25. ...red pepper hummus as instructed by Chef Emily Sanders. Hehehe. :)
  26. Abuse my Kindle and read highly recommended books like...
  27. ...Lupin...
  28. ...Little Women...
  29. ...Freakonomics...
  30. ...Super Freakonomics...
  31. ...The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...
  32. ...The Tipping Point...
  33. ...What the Dog Saw...
  34. ...Outliers...
  35. ...Coraline...
  36. ...Devil's Dictionary and many more. Please don't judge me kung sobrang nalulumaan ka na sa mga babasahin ko. READ: Wala talaga akong oras magbasa dati!
  37. Shop for a new and cute rash guard in preparation for...
  38. ...our Bicol trip (May).
  39. CamSur Water Sports Complex, here we come!
  40. Pick-up my guitar and use it as a musical instrument, not as a display nor a brooding place for dead air and spiders.
  41. Visit my hometown and...
  42. ...swim...
  43. ...sleep in my old pink room...
  44. ...visit the provincial jail...
  45. ...visit Mt. Tabor (where the Mangyan students are)...
  46. ...and of course, my most favorite of all, drive around the city. A roadtrip with my bros and cousins is a must!
  47. Meet up with my bestfriend Dimple who's gonna be in town for a couple of weeks. I wanna go with her to Abu Dhabi! hahaha. Pwede ba yun?
  48. Meet up with my confidante, one of the greatest guys I've ever known in my entire life, Leonard.
  49. Work part-time in a clinic and...
  50. ...treat patients! Once again, my skills will be put to test. It's been a while since I last handled a patient (summer 2010) and I must say that I really miss it! I hope I didn't get that rusty after a year of being in hiatus.

Whew! Medyo marami-rami ata ung gusto kong mangyari ngayong summer noh. You think kasya lahat ng ito within 60 days of summer break? I hope I can keep up. This is the first of all summer breaks since I graduated from college na wala akong major major tasks (walang board exam and walang cognate subject, summer class sa grad school). As you can see, none of the things listed above talk about my work as an academician. But it doesn't mean that I'll  be bumming around lang from April til end of May. We still have a lot of things to do in preparation for the next semester and lahat yan (training, workshops) ay naka-schedule na. Akala nyo ba todo pahinga lang ang mga guro pag bakasyon ang mga estudyante. HINDI! Dahil kami naman ang nag-aaral pag bakasyon. Hehe.

How about you, what are you planning to do this summer break?

No comments: