Sofitel, Oathtaking, Semi-pictorial :)

Two Sundays ago (Feb 27), the newly-licensed physical and occupational therapists took oath at Sofitel. Of course the Philippine Physical Therapy Association Board of Officers graced the event to congratulate new colleagues.

I came in late because I had to pick up the printed newsletters from Recto Avenue. The program started at exactly 1:30pm. I got there one hour after the keynote speaker gave his speech. I'm just really thankful that I was still able to make it in time for the calling of the names of the board passers. Traditionally , that is the PRO's job. This time, I had to read 280 names. Last time, during the September oathtaking, I read 400++ names. Good thing Sir Boyet (External VP) helped me out. Thanks.

After the guests, parents and oathtakers left the venue, we sat there for a while (Sunset pavilion) and decided to do a mini-pictorial on our way out. The bay was so serene and the sun was about to set (we didn't wait for it though coz we have to hop to another venue for the board's monthly meeting). Here are my favorite shots (click to enlarge).

Meet the Secretary of PPTA, Sir Michael Gabilo.
 Sir Mike works at the Emilio Aguinaldo Colleges as an instructor for health professions courses like PT, Med Tech and Nursing (??? not so sure about this one, I will have to ask him pa).


Our VP for International Affairs. Oops! Internal pala! Haha. Sir Donald Manlapaz
Sir Donald, or D2 as we fondly call him (because there is an existing D1 in the personality of sir Donald Lipardo) is my co-faculty from the University of ST. He is the current PT Internship Supervisor.

Our VP External, Sir Bhaldomero Ranjo II.
Sir Boyet is from Ilocos and Cavite. During our monthly board meeting, sometimes he comes from Ilocos, sometimes from Cavite. Kung may dual citizenship, may dual-municipality-ship ba or dual cityship? He is by the way a professor from Mariano Marcos State University.


Meet out ever-energetic and always "game" Treasurer, Sir Arthur Bhenedict King.
Sir Arth was my clinical supervisor during my last month of internship. He works at Philippine Heart Center and is the only physical therapist of the Comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.


Madamme President Gayline Manalang Jr.

Yes, she is a junior. :) Her name never fails to amaze people, "talaga Jr. sya? Di ba panlalaki lang yun?". Well sorry to disappoint you peeps but she truly is a woman with a "junior". Superwoman.

Ma'am Eliza Mangaliman, the membership committee head.
Ma'am Elai is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. She is tall enough right?! I can't believe she still wants to be as tall as me. I just tell her: "mahirap humanap ng boyfriend pag masyadong matangkad!". Hehe.

Gents of the Board

D2's lifestyle shot
Sir Arth's welcome slash free-spirited slash hug slash wala lang shot. :)

Sir Mike


Onesimus model? :)

Click here for more photos!

No comments: