Portable, Portabling, Portabled!

This is my very first external hard drive. It was given to me by my brother-in-law 2 years ago. It is a Maxtor 320gb capacity hard drive. Back then, Maxtors were the leading EHD in the tech market. I really liked it coz I was able to unload my laptop of some videos and mp3s. I'm telling you, they eat a lot of space! True enough, I was able to fill in the EHD within one year. It's not the EHD's fault, it's all because I'm too addicted with crazy sitcoms and movies.


One thing I didn't like about it is that it is not a plug-and-play device. It needs to be plugged to an AC outlet for it to work. Plus, it's like 2 kilograms heavy!!!

After I've reached its max, I started eyeing for a lightweight, portable, plug-and-play external hard drives with bigger capacity (1TB perhaps). Friends highly recommended Seagate and Western Digital. I didn't care about the enclosure, it didn't matter. I'm just after the portability and the capacity.

Some time last December, Leonard hurriedly told me that one of Amazon's "Today's deal" is a Seagate 600gb portable hard drive for a whopping 42$ only! Without any second thoughts, I placed my order. So did he. However, after 5 days of waiting for the transaction's notice, we were both disappointed that it was already out of stock and Amazon was not able to replenish it anymore. Sadness to the nth degree! Amazon apologized and gave us 10$ discount coupon for our next order. Hihi. What's funny about that batch of order is that they still shipped the Case Logic sleeve for Seagate EHD even if they know that I won't be receiving any EHD at all! It was for 6$ lang naman so pwede na.

After a month of seeing the Case Logic EHD-less and after having a full-blown shoulder pain due to my heavy laptop (which I bring to work e-v-e-r-y-day), I finally decided to buy an EHD. I was eyeing for the WD 1TB Essential but it was out of stock so I just went for the WD My Passport 500gb.


Remember I said earlier that enclosures don't matter? When I saw the passport, I thought it was cool! And there were other kikay colors pa. I still went with my fave color. I still wanted to have that 1TB sana. Next time. :)

What's amazing about this product is that it is soooo lightweight (181 grams)!


Ratings:
Usability - ★★★★★
Portability - ★★★★★
Memory -★★★★★ for document-only people, ★★★ for download maniacs!
Appearance - ★★★★

No comments: