Makiko in the Philippines

September 25, 2008
Intramuros, Luneta, Fort Santiago, China Town, POI Makati, North Park, SM Mall of Asia

Makiko is one of the physiotherapists whom I met in Japan during the ACPT convention held last month. She was the girl who approached me when I went down from the podium after presenting our thesis (see Japan ACPT post). She's here in the Philippines for her masteral thesis about diabetes; arrived 2 weeks ago and spent the last 13 days in Mabalakat and Angeles, Pampanga for the said study; arrived in Manila this afternoon and I picked her up at around 1:30pm in Pearl of the Orient Tower. From there, hmmm, let the pictures tell the story... Hehehe... By the way, I just knew that I'm the worst tourist guide one can ever have because I don't know much about my own place!!! And I even forgot the names of the places/statues we've seen that's why I couldn't complete my captions. Also, sorry for the shunpo/blurry photos, it's not me, it's the kalesa's bumpy ride!!! hehehe


These are some of my favorite shots from today's trip: (Full album here)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Makiko enjoyed riding the KALESA, LRT line 1 (the obsolete version of their bullet train in Japan), and the JEEPNEY!!! She also wanted to see a rehabilitation clinic in the "Pinoy setting" so we went to the clinic where Jaegs works: Philippine Orthopedic Institute, Makati...

Had dinner at North Park (Thanks Jaegs for the yummy dinner!!!)

Last stop: SM Mall of Asia...

Thanks Makiko, hope to see you in the near future!!! Hehehe...

No comments: